Your application has been pulled and your interview was scheduled. Exciting! Time to prepare! Preparing for your interview involves more than printing out your resume and putting your favorite suit in the cleaners. Are you prepared to answer the top 5 questions most likely to be asked in an interview? Being prepared with honest answers to these questions will definitely improve your chances to move forward with the hiring process.
1. Tell me about your experience at (your last or present job). This question is an opportunity to say positive things about your job experience there. Try to avoid excessive negative remarks about this job experience, instead focus on what you learned or accomplished while working there as well as any friendships or bonds you made there.
2. Why did you leave your last job? Be honest, but again avoid making too many negative comments. You want to give the impress that you are moving on for the right reasons such as accomplishing a goal or moved/moving to a new city for new opportunities.
3. What do you know about our company? This is your chance to show what you know! Before stepping into an interview do your homework, research the company.
4. Why do you want to work for us? Be honest, but prove yourself to be an asset to the company. You want to work for the company because it would be beneficial to the company as well as to yourself.
5. Tell me about yourself. In the words of Reba McEntire, "here's your one chance fancy don't let me down". Spotlight your accolades, college experiences, short term goals, travel experience, and relevant hobbies. Someone I know once got a job after discussing his love of cars with the interviewee who happened to be in a similar car club. Don't waste this opportunity to allow the interviewer to really get a snapshot of who you are as a person.